Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Maybe I will actually remember to take pictures

I am so terrible at remembering to take pictures of my creations! Let's see, what have I completed lately?

I did my first cable knit hat, in a Wool Ease smoky gray for my husband. I actually really love the way it turned out. I had made him a basket weave beanie for his birthday, but it was about a row of pattern too short, and he really needed something extra warm, so I made this new hat with an extra long ribbed cuff so he could pull it down over his neck in the sub-freezing weather.

I've made a bunch of headbands for the girls out of various variegated Sugar n Cream cotton. I have a love/hate relationship with that yarn. It hurts my fingers because I knit so tight and wrap so much around my left hand to keep the tension. But I love dishcloths and the headbands, so I keep using it. I've been working on a couple of dishcloths for my mom, and finished one for myself, so I think I need to go back to a soft fluffy yarn for a while to give myself a break. I have cast on a couple of scarves fo rthe girls, so I hope I get those finished while we are on vacation. Good mindless knitting.

And all three girls have learned to finger knit. The little four-year-old loves it best, and its so sweet to see her sit there and concentrate on making a gift for her sisters.

I made myself a set of mittens and a ribbed hat. I made the mittens first, and then started the hat. I was 90% done with the hat when I ran out of yarn, and couldn't find it anymore at Hobby Lobby. I finally asked, and found out it was discontinued!! Ebay to the rescue! Hooray :)

I've made each of the girls matching mittens and hats to go with their socks. And the middle one even has a scarf to go along with the set.

I think that is pretty much everything. Now that I have tackled easy mittens, my next task it to try a Norwegian mitten, and I am just waiting to get some really lovely yarn before I start.

Now maybe someday I will actually take pictures of my knitting to add here!

1 comment:

Sprittibee said...

Thanks for telling me about the American Coot birds. ;) You didn't leave an email so I had to thank you here! ;)